- Ontario, 2011
- University of Toronto, J.D.(2010)
- Brandeis University, B.A. (Honours) (2004)
Raquel is a member of KRMC’s Wills, Estates and Trusts group, where her practice includes the preparation of wills, powers of attorney, and trusts, as well as the administration of estates and inter vivos trusts. Raquel provides advice to clients on how to best achieve their individualized estate planning objectives, regularly drafting primary and secondary wills, Henson trusts, insurance trusts, residence trusts, spousal trusts, and inter vivos family trusts. She has experience with both large and small estates, and appreciates the unique challenges that arise in each.
Raquel also provides legal services in connection with estate freezes, from preparing the trust documents to administering and winding up the trust.
Before joining KRMC, Raquel worked in the Wills and Estates group of a large Toronto firm.
While in law school, Raquel was awarded the Warren Lefton Prize in Estate Planning and won first place in the BLG Client Counselling Competition.
- “Narrow View on Going the Extra Mile,” The Bottom Line, January 2015
- “Shares Held on Account of Income Not Capital,” The Bottom Line, October 2014
- “Loan Not an Employment Benefit,” The Bottom Line, December 2013
- “When Key Words Are Missing, Raise Red Flags: Vladescu v. CTVglobemedia Inc.,” The Bottom Line, November 2013
- “Testing the Boundaries of the Drafting Solicitor’s Duties,” OBA Trusts & Estates Section Article, October 22, 2013
- “McCain Family Case a Cautionary Tale,” The Bottom Line, May 2013
- Contributor, “Personal Trusts,” Key Developments in Estates and Trusts Law in Ontario, 2012 Edition, Canada Law Book
- Ontario/Canadian Bar Association
- Junior Trusts and Estates Practitioners Group
- Law Society of Ontario