- Ontario, 1985
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- LL.B. – 1983
- York University
- B.A. – 1979
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Economics
Georgea S. Wolfe is an associate lawyer with Kronis Rotsztain Margles & Cappel LLP. Georgea was called to the Ontario Bar in 1985 and is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School. A seasoned lawyer with extensive transactional experience, Georgea’s practice encompasses commercial real estate law, commercial mortgage lending law, business law, corporate commercial law, commercial leasing law and wills and estates law.
Georgea is a member of the Real Property Section Executive of the Ontario Bar Association, the Toronto Opinions Group (TOROG) and the OBA/FOLA joint LRO stakeholders’ committee and the Working Group on Lawyers and Real Estate. Georgea has regularly chaired programs for, and given lectures at, the Ontario Bar Association. She has also been an assessor for candidates graduating from the Ryerson Law Practice Program.
Georgea has been recognized in Lexpert® as counsel for Romspen Investment Corporation in financing the acquisition of the Deerhurst Resort, as corporate counsel on the sale of Menu Foods and as counsel for the purchaser on the acquisition of the Toronto Hilton hotel.
Georgea has had carriage of many complex and notable transactions. Recently, Georgea was one of the bid counsel for a national retail chain in receivership. She also acted for Sears Canada on the sale of a recognized Ontario shopping mall. She was also counsel to Amica Mature Lifestyles on the acquisition of the Quinte Gardens retirement home. She also acted for Progreen Demolition & Anpro Excavating on the sale of their business units to GFL Environmental.
Georgea has acted as lender’s counsel on numerous mortgages for apartment and office buildings, shopping malls, retirement residences and the like, representing lenders such as CDPQ Mortgage Investment Corporation (Otéra Capital), Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc., Laurentian Bank of Canada, Harbour Mortgage Corp., The Manufacturer’s Life Insurance Company, Romspen Investment Corporation, Peoples Trust Company, CIBC Mortgages Inc., HSBC Trust Company and others.
Georgea has represented Otéra Capital in financing many retirement residence projects throughout Canada (construction and long term financing). Georgea has also represented Laurentian Bank of Canada in negotiating many inter-lender participation agreements. Georgea has also represented Manulife and CIBC in re-securing mortgage loan portfolios as a consequence of various borrower tax driven REIT restructurings.
Georgea has represented Cascades Recovery Inc. (formerly, Metro Waste Paper Recovery Inc.) for many years on numerous business acquisitions, divestitures, corporate matters and banking transactions. Georgea has also acted for Drug Trading on the financing of a number of customer pharmacy acquisitions.
More generally, Georgea has acted on the purchase and sale of in excess of 500 asset and share transactions, both within and across Canada, reflecting retail, commercial and industrial businesses, and she has experience with assets such as hotels, pharmacies, professional practices, restaurants, franchises and moveable assets.
Georgea also has significant commercial leasing experience having acted as leasing counsel for a number of recognized commercial landlords and having reviewed and/or prepared thousands of commercial leases.
Lastly, Georgea’s wills and estates practice has grown significantly, as has her expertise in these areas. Wills and estates law now forms a regular portion of her legal practice.
For further information on Georgea’s legal experience, visit her LinkedIn profile at: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/georgea-s-wolfe/29/490/9a5.
Seminars, Publications and Videos
- Co-Chair of Ontario Bar Association program “Future of Independent Living for Older Adults: Real Estate and Elder Law Considerations – March 2019.
- Co-Chair of Ontario Bar Association program “Your First Residential Real Estate Transaction Encumbrances and Other Instruments Affecting Real Property” – May 2018 – Presented a paper entitled “Mortgage Discharges”.
- “Demystifying the Residential Purchase Transaction” – March 2018 – Webcast on behalf of the Real Property Executive of the Ontario Bar Association.
- “Structuring the Deal and The Nature of the Business; Part 1 in a Series of Videos on Acquisition of a Business” – February 2018 – Webcast for Goldman, Sloan, Nash & Haber LLP.
- “Due Diligence and Working With Your Landlord; Part 2 in a Series of Videos on Acquisition of a Business” February 2018 – Webcast for Goldman, Sloan, Nash & Haber LLP.
- “Business Valuation and Valuation of Inventory; Part 3 in a Series of Videos on Acquisition of a Business” – February 2018 – Webcast for Goldman, Sloan, Nash & Haber LLP.
- “Bulk Sales Act Repeal” – Article published on April 6, 2017 on Mondaq.com.
- Ontario Bar Association program “Closing Documents: Tips and Traps” – February 2017 – Presented a paper entitled “Real Property Undertakings in Ontario”.
- Chair of Ontario Bar Association program “A Primer on Liens, Encumbrances and Other Instruments Affecting Real Property” – September 2016 – Presented a paper entitled “Executions and Real Property in Ontario”.
- Co-chair of Ontario Bar Association program “Real Property Step-by-Step Series: A Practical Guide to Commercial Leases” – May 2015 – Presented a paper entitled “Adjunct Leasing Documentation”.
- The Business Purchase – 2006 materials prepared for OREA® for continuing education.