Senior Collection Manager
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto at Yonge and Sheppard, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Collection Manager to join our firm and to be responsible for managing, motivating, and coaching our well-established team of collection officers. The successful candidate will truly enjoy managing others and is someone who has a natural ability to quickly earn the respect and trust of subordinates, peers and senior leadership. This role also requires an approachable and diplomatic leader able to ‘lead by example’, as well as possessing superior and influential communication skills, verbal and written. Being a very hands-on and team-oriented position, the successful candidate will thrive on being involved in the day-to-day work of the collection team, while being equally involved and engaged in communication with the senior leadership team by presenting information and suggestions for improved performance and efficiencies.
- Leading, training and motivating collection officers effectively and professionally
- Measuring and evaluating the performance of collection officers on a regular basis using established benchmarks and setting new benchmarks when appropriate
- Assisting the collection officers by participating in the daily collection process
- Improving collection processes and working on best practices and communicating information about these processes and best practices to the senior leadership team
- Conducting call audits and call calibrations.
- Acting as a trusted interface between collection officers and lawyers
- Ensuring compliance with firm and client directives at all times
- Participating in the recruitment and selection process of collection officers when necessary
- Dealing with escalations/complaints and determining when further escalation is required
- Communicating directly with clients for information and to resolve problems
- Reviewing daily projection reports to deliver to client
- Tracking recoveries and working on targets with collection officers to meet monthly goals
- Creating/preparing reports for the firm and client
- Ensuring that our clients’ third party reporting databases are properly updated
- Conducting batch analysis to increase recoveries and improve our performance on scorecards
- Reviewing files for legal action or settlements
- Submitting settlements to clients for approval
- Reviewing files for closure
- High level of professionalism and expertise in the collection industry, with the ability and desire to provide on-going training and development to senior collection officers
- 5+ years’ experience directly managing a team of 15+ collectors
- University degree preferred
- Law firm experience preferred
- High level of tact and diplomacy at all times when dealing with all levels of staff as well as with clients
- Ability to deal with high volume of work while maintaining composure and professionalism at all times
- Ability to work effectively with and manage a diverse employee base
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Superior oral and written communication skills
In accordance with client directives, a satisfactory criminal reference check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive compensation package based on experience and performance, a benefit package effective after three months of employment and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. This position is to commence as soon as possible.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and refer to “Senior Collection Manager” in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. KRMC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.