Resolutions Officer – Full-time position
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for several well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner- operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a Collections Officer with up to 2 years of experience to play an important role in our efforts to contact consumers owing debt and negotiate timely payment, while accurately documenting all related activities to our firm and client systems, following prescribed guidelines. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and will provide information to consumers in a prompt, friendly, efficient and cost-effective manner. The successful candidate should have experience making a large number of calls per day. The ideal candidate should also have experience working on a scripted calling program, following a strict script when calling consumers owing debt.
- Contact customers to negotiate payment of outstanding accounts for external bank clients;
- Assist in determining whether to settle claims and/or commence legal action;
- Maintain and update client files;
- Handle large volumes of documentation in an organized fashion;
- Establish payment plans and record payments;
- Perform administrative tasks and clerical duties as required.
- Previous collections experience – up to 2 years;
- Some experience with collecting for financial institutions is an asset;
- Deadline and performance driven;
- Ability to negotiate in a tactful and diplomatic manner using superior oral and written communication skills;
- Detail oriented, efficient and accurate, with strong mathematical capabilities;
- Some experience using a third-party bank database system is an asset.
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package effective after three months of employment and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. This position is to commence as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to [email protected]. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.