Records Management Coordinator – Full-time position
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a highly organized self-starter to be our Records Management Coordinator. The Records Management Coordinator will be responsible for the accurate and efficient collecting, scanning, recording, classification, storage and retrieval of the firm’s physical and electronic legal files and documents. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, focused and committed to ensuring the proper day-to-day maintenance of our firm’s records, following the firm’s standards, guidelines and policies.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all existing firm records and legal files are properly recorded and stored and making corrections where required
- Continual maintenance and upkeep of the firm’s existing and new legal files and records
- Maintaining and supporting the filing, file storage (on-site and off-site), protection, retention and destruction of all hard copy and/or electronic records in accordance with the firm’s policies
- Accurate entry of all required information into the firm’s records management systems which include Excel spreadsheets and Iron Mountain Connect
- Responding to inquiries from firm members related to file retrieval, etc., in a timely, courteous and efficient manner
- Scanning documents to support our paperless office initiative
- Providing back up to other administrative responsibilities including reception coverage, banking and mail duties
- Other projects as assigned
- Completed degree or diploma in a related field a definite asset
- Some records management employment experience (1-2 years) strongly preferred
- Experience with records management in a legal or other professional services environment is an asset
- Highly proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel
- Strong capability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, efficient, accurate and reliable
- Personable and approachable, with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Movements required to perform the essential duties of this job are:
- Retrieving files or boxes from the top shelf (shoulder flexion)
- Retrieving files or boxes from the bottom shelf (full squat/bending)
- Carrying and lifting boxes of up to 30 lbs. (finger flexion and gripping)
- Fine finger movements (prepping files, assembling boxes, typing and writing, scanning documents)
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package effective after three months of employment and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Anum Saleem, HR Manager, at [email protected] Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations and accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.