Real Estate Law Clerk – Permanent, Full-Time Role
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a talented Real Estate Law Clerk for a permanent position with experience in commercial and residential transactions to join our real estate team. The successful candidate will be a confident and organized self-starter with excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal instruction. If this sounds interesting to you and you have the necessary qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
- Independently manage commercial and residential real estate transactions, specifically financings and private lender files, from beginning to end
- Draft and review closing documents, and prepare reports for the above types of files
- Conduct corporate searches, title and off-title searches, including PPSA searches
- Prepare corporate documents for private lender real estate transactions
- Ongoing verbal and written communication with lawyers, law clerks and clients
- Manage administrative details with respect to billings and opening/closing files
- Faxing, scanning and photocopying documents related to transactions
- Special projects or tasks, as assigned
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of Real Estate Law Clerk experience in Ontario completing all stages of commercial and residential real estate and loan transactions
- Successful completion of a Law Clerk diploma program preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Teraview, Conveyancer, Unity and PC Law
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an excellent standard of performance and client service
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Superior interpersonal skills and an inclination towards assisting and guiding others
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superior time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. We would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to [email protected] Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.krmc-law.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.