Legal Assistant – Full-Time Role
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a reliable, detail-oriented and organized self-starter to join our firm as a full-time Legal Assistant in our Creditors’ Rights department. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to one or two associate lawyers, primarily, but will also be required to support other lawyers in the department, as required.
- Performing a full range of administrative and general office duties (i.e. opening and closing files, updating client databases, etc.)
- Preparing and assembling legal documents according to general instructions and/or precedents (i.e. affidavits, motion records, etc.)
- Processing incoming correspondence and drafting outgoing correspondence
- Verbal and written communication with lawyers’ peers, subordinates, opposing counsel, agents and clients for various reasons
- Drafting accounts, processing payments, preparing judgement balance calculations and conducting reports
- Requesting searches (internal and external) and following up with document requests
- Presenting a positive and professional image of the firm at all times to clients, visitors and others
- Providing coverage of work duties for other department team members, when required
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned
- One to two years of relevant experience preferred
- Relevant degree or diploma that has been successfully completed
- Ability to take direction, set priorities and work effectively, individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, accurate and organized
- Exceptional computer skills (i.e. strong proficiency in Microsoft Office)
- Reliable, with an excellent attendance history
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package effective after three months of employment and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. This position is to commence as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume and unofficial school transcript, in confidence, to [email protected]. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying to in the subject line. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.krmc-law.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.