Legal Administrative Assistant – Full-Time Role
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our firm, in our Creditors’ Rights department. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be reliable, highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ensuring compliance at all times with client directives, relevant legislation and firm policies
- Processing all incoming payments (cheques, money orders, e-transfers etc.) accurately and promptly and preparing bank deposit slips
- Monitoring funds, remitting money to clients, complete billing of accounts, and posting payments on both firm and client databases
- Working with the billing and collection representatives to resolve posting and remittance issues
- Opening physical and electronic files for the department
- Closing files on both firm and client databases
- Purging files from firm systems
- Drafting routine business and legal correspondence, as requested
- Conducting searches through various third party systems
- Tracking firm and client data and reconciling as needed
- Scanning and uploading documents to client databases
- Supporting the department with correspondence, faxing, photocopying, etc.
- Additional duties as required
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in an office environment preferred
- Completed degree or diploma in a related field (Legal Administrative Assistant, Legal Assistant, etc.)
- Experience in a legal environment with general working knowledge and understanding of legal terms and legal procedures is an asset
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to meet deadlines on a regular basis while maintaining accuracy
- High attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and typos
- Ability to take direction and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities at one time
- Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, under tight timelines
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure, high volume environment
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package effective after three months of employment and the opportunity to work with a great team. This position is to commence as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume and unofficial school transcript, in confidence, to [email protected]. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.krmc-law.com. Applications sent in without all requested materials may not be considered.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.