Junior Law Clerk – Full-time position
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a reliable and detail-oriented junior level Law Clerk to join our Creditors’ Rights practice group.
- Drafting pleadings, including Statement of Claims, Judgments and Demand Letters;
- Preparing Notices of Sale;
- Preparing general correspondence and accounts and processing payments;
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience working as a Law Clerk in a related practice area is preferred
- College Diploma/University Degree in a relevant field
- Exceptional computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office)
- The ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- The ability to prioritize tasks in a high-volume environment while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Reliable, with an excellent attendance history
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package effective after three months of employment and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. This position is to commence as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume and unofficial school transcript, in confidence, to [email protected]. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.krmc-law.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.