Corporate Law Clerk
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a talented Corporate Law Clerk with at least 1 year of experience to join our corporate team. The successful candidate will be a confident and organized self-starter with excellent time-management skills and will have the ability to work independently with minimal instruction. If this sounds interesting to you and you have the necessary qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate will have 1 year of experience in the following:
- All matters from start to reporting relating to various Articles, e.g., Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Amendment, Articles of Amalgamation, Articles of Dissolution for federal corporations and Ontario corporations;
- All matters from start to reporting relating to business name registrations and renewals in Ontario;
- Organization of federal and Ontario corporations;
- All matters from start to reporting relating to professional corporations;
- All matters relating to reorganization of federal and Ontario corporations;
- Inputting and updating data in Fastco;
- Maintaining minute books;
- Searches: NUANS name searches, corporate profiles, certificate of status, business name, bankruptcy, Bank Act, litigation, PPSA etc.;
- Filings/Registrations: PPSA, federal and Ontario filings.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of relevant education preferred;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, PC Law, Oncorp, Fastco and dicta;
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an excellent standard of performance and client service;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Superior time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a benefits package effective after three months of successful employment and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. We would like to fill this position as soon as possible with the selected candidate.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume and unofficial school transcript, in confidence, to [email protected]. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying to in the subject line. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.krmc-law.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.