Administrative Clerk – Full-time position
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking an efficient, friendly, professional and reliable Administrative Clerk to join our Corporate Legal Department in our busy firm.
- Reviewing records to follow up on status, contacting clients to confirm information, and update relevant records accordingly
- Scanning all minute books and saving under relevant drives on the computer
- Reviewing files for lawyers for archiving, scanning relevant documents, checking on file status and updating records for closing of files
- Reviewing archived files for the purpose of digitizing them on computer systems
- Reviewing unpaid accounts and sending monthly reminders
- Arranging for file space required by the legal team
- Retrieving and scanning legal files, as requested
- Supervising users and changes on company system, drafting and filing PPSA registrations for all of Collection Department, teaching new users use of program, etc.
- Liaising with Admin staff on mail, courier, retrieval of files, saving of files, opening files, etc.
- Liaising with Accounting on banking, payment, and invoicing matters
- Drafting and preparing corporate, business law, wills and estate matters and docketing time
- Dealing with signed documents by email, post and courier
- Other related duties or projects as required and assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an office administrative role;
- Completed degree, diploma or certificate in a related field preferred;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment;
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an excellent standard of customer service to both internal staff members and external clients;
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Willingness to take on new tasks and assignments when required;
- Experience in a legal or other professional services environment would be an asset.
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team and is expected to commence as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence, to [email protected]. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying to in the subject line. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.krmc-law.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
KRMC is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace and welcomes applications from diverse, qualified candidates. If you are contacted and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.