2023 Summer Law Student – General Stream
Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (“KRMC”) is a diverse, multi-service law firm acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses. Our office is conveniently located at Yonge and Sheppard, providing direct access to the Yonge/Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking energetic, detail oriented, and hardworking second year law students to join KRMC as a Summer Law Student in our general stream which has a very strong focus on Creditors’ Rights litigation. Preferred candidates will be committed to continual learning and will enjoy working in our fast-paced and collegial environment.
- General Stream: Students in our general stream work on matters across our various litigation practice groups, except for personal injury and insurance litigation, with the majority of the work focused on creditors’ rights litigation. Students in our general stream develop a thorough, practical understanding of the many facets of the civil litigation process.
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated, independently driven and eager to develop his or her legal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with an ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow directions, take initiative and demonstrate independent judgment
- Strong interest in Civil Litigation and in Creditors’ Rights law
The firm offers students the opportunity to develop their skills and work with senior lawyers on complex matters. It is our belief that the summer period should be used to prepare students for a challenging and professional environment and for possible further opportunity with KRMC. Students in our General Stream require a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle to use for attendance at court.
Please e-mail your application package, including cover letter, resume, reference letter(s), undergraduate and law school transcripts to [email protected] and refer to “2023 Summer Law Student Position – General Stream” in your subject line. Email applications are accepted and preferred, although we ask that all supporting documents be included in no more than two PDF files.
Please note that a satisfactory criminal records check will be required from selected candidates as a condition of employment.